- What are the benefits of coloring? Estimated reading time: < 1 min
The benefits of coloring are many and varied. Here is a short list.
- Reduce anxiety and stress
- Increase creativity
- Enjoy technique-free relaxation
- Promote mental health
- Expand emotional calm
- Improve color combination choices
- Nurture health and well-being
- Stimulate both sides of the brain
- Encourage spontaneous joy
- Quicken creativity
- Enhance color appreciation
- Use as an alternative to formal meditation
- Boost subtle motor skills
- Develop a gentle and super-fun pastime
- Expand self-knowledge
- How are your coloring books shipped? Estimated reading time: < 1 min
As Amazon handles the shipping, you can be assured of a fast and safe delivery.
Use the link below to visit my Amazon Author’s page, click on a book to open it’s details page, and look through the shipping options.Views: 68
- How do I buy your coloring books? Estimated reading time: < 1 min
That’s easy. My books are available worldwide through Amazon.
Just click on the link below and you’ll be magically transported to my Amazon Author’s Page. There you will see what I currently have to offer.Views: 0
- How can I let people know about your art & coloring books? Estimated reading time: < 1 min
My quick answer is, “Any way you can, please!”
Social Media is a great way to share with friends and family. To make sharing super easy, you’ll find a row of Social Share Buttons at the bottom of most pages.
Of course mentioning my art and sharing my web site’s address with friends, family, and acquaintances would help immensely, too. And it sure would spread a lot of good karma around, don’t you think?
Sharing is a wonderful way to support all my creative endeavors.
Thanks for your shares!Views: 0
- Can I have some free coloring pages? Estimated reading time: < 1 min
I’ve put together a small collection of original drawings ready for you to color. These drawings are packaged in a downloadable PDF file which you can open on your computer and print.
To get the PDF file all you need to do is go to this page: Free Drawings To Color
Once on the page, just click the download button and the PDF file will begin downloading.
Easy peasy, huh?
Have fun coloring.Views: 0
- What is the difference between coloring books for adults and children? Estimated reading time: < 1 min
In a nutshell, detail and complexity.
The images in a Children’s Coloring Book, while often based on a theme, almost always are simple and consist of large shapes containing expansive areas to color.
While Coloring Books for Adults also often adhere to a theme, more often than not they will contain images that are far more intricate and perhaps include highly detailed and complex patterns.
Of course mileage will vary and there might be some crossover in usage.Views: 0
- What payment options are available for your coloring books? Estimated reading time: < 1 min
You have all the payment choices that Amazon provides at your disposal.Views: 0
- Can your coloring books be returned for a refund? Estimated reading time: < 1 min
Yep, of course.
Amazon’s return & refund policies are very enlightened. Check it out on Amazon.Views: 0
- Why do you paint digitally if you’re traditionally trained? Estimated reading time: < 1 min
An artist must be true to his muse and inner promptings, and at the moment, I’m enchanted by the freedom that digital paint affords me.
And although the paintings showcased on this website are created digitally, they still embrace subjects that make my heart sing. How could I not choose to devote my time to painting such things in this way?Views: 0
- Isn’t digital art just a matter of pushing buttons? Estimated reading time: < 1 min
Not the way I do it.
Although I use a computer as a painting tool, I continue to create all my images using very traditional painting techniques. In fact each painting is painstakingly built up one brush stroke at a time.
For details on how I do it see: Making a Painting »Views: 0
- Do you teach painting? Estimated reading time: < 1 min
No, I don’t.
Teaching is most assuredly an honorable profession, and I respect those who do it well. I’m just not one of them.
I guess my muse has always had other plans for me.Views: 0
- Is your studio messy or neat? Estimated reading time: < 1 min
Since I switched to painting digitally, on the whole the studio has been much tidier.
Still, when I’m in the throws of creating something new, neatness is quickly forgotten and mess can easily become the order of the day.Views: 0
- How long does it take you to finish a painting? Estimated reading time: < 1 min
However long it takes.
And no, I’m not trying to be smart.
My relationship with creativity makes each new work a brand new adventure. And my painting techniques preclude any dashed-off-in-a-moment results. I build up my images over time and never know how long any painting will take. This approach suits me admirably.
You can read more here: Painting Basics »Views: 0
- Can I see closeup details of your brushwork? Estimated reading time: < 1 min
In fact I’ve made a page for just that purpose: Brushwork Up Close »Views: 1
- What computer tools do you use? Estimated reading time: < 1 min
I create all my paintings using Corel Painter software and a Wacom Pressure Sensitive Tablet as my painting input device.
For the final inking-in stage of Coloring Book line drawings, I use Adobe Illustrator software.
A comprehensive outline of all my tools can be found here: Computer Tools »Views: 1
- How long have you been an artist? Estimated reading time: < 1 min
All of my life.
I’ve been drawing and painting for as long as I can remember. In 1969, however, I began my formal fine art education and graduated four years later.
You can find more details here: My Story »Views: 0
- Can anyone become an artist? Estimated reading time: < 1 min
Anyone! But never on a whim; the journey has its price.
Talent certainly helps, but so called mediocre talent is not the absolute deal breaker most would have you believe.
When setting out on any creative adventure, the most important thing to have is a synergistic combination of extraordinary passion, deep, all-encompassing sensitivity, and perseverance. Lots and lots of perseverance.
If you’ve got that little package together, you’ve got all you need. You can become an artist, or you can become just about anything else your heart might desire.Views: 0
- How can I contact you?
- Is your artwork copyrighted? Estimated reading time: < 1 min
All images and writing that appear on this website, plus all books sold via Amazon or other venders, are protected by domestic and international copyright laws.
For more information see: Copyright »Views: 0
- What’s in emails sent to your mailing list? Estimated reading time: < 1 min
I use the mailing list to notify interested parties whenever I release new creative work.
You can signup for the mailing list here: Mailing List »Views: 24
- How often do you email the mailing list? Estimated reading time: < 1 min
Only when I finish and post new artwork to the website, publish a book, or complete some other major creative project.
You can signup for the mailing list here: Mailing List »Views: 0
- How do I open a PDF file I’ve downloaded? Estimated reading time: < 1 min
I supply my free giveaways as PDF files that are ready to print. For example: Free Drawings To Color. Most people already have a program on their computer which will automatically open any PDF files you click on.
If for some reason your computer doesn’t, you can download Adobe Reader for free.
Here’s the link: Download Adobe ReaderViews: 0
- Why would an artist fiddle around with code? Estimated reading time: < 1 min
I wanted to make the site an extension of my creative vision, and I had serious doubts about my ability to communicate that vision to a web designer/developer.
I also wanted to learn enough about web design and development so I could retain full creative and technical control of the finished website. That way I’d be free to continue tweaking and growing the site without the need for constant outside professional help.
Besides, creativity can find expression through many forms, even fiddling with code.Views: 0
- Where did you learn to build websites? Estimated reading time: < 1 min
I’m self taught.
As an avid reader and intuitive tinkerer, I adopted a two-pronged approach for getting my head around the intricacies of web design and web development.
- Consume stacks of manuals to soak up the theory.
And it would seem the approach worked.Views: 0
- What theme did you use for the website? Estimated reading time: 1 min
No theme to speak of. I just dove into the deep end and floundered my way towards some sort of understanding about how web design and development work.
During the long construction phase, however, I did lean heavily on the awesome capabilities of several software collections.
- WordPress provided not only the foundation and underlying structure for the entire site, but also a state of the art blogging system. Learn more: WordPress »
- Genesis provided a powerful framework within WordPress on which I built everything. Clean, sleek code plus extraordinary flexibility. Learn more: Genesis »
- CS-Cart provided the means to seamlessly integrate a sophisticated and user-friendly shopping cart into the site. Learn more: CS-Cart »
- CodeCanyon at Envato Market provided some extraordinary plugins that made my task easier. Learn more: CodeCanyon »
Really, I couldn’t have done it without this help.Views: 0
- Why are there watermarks on the website’s images? Estimated reading time: < 1 min
Both the visible watermarks and the invisible embedded digital watermarks are there to safeguard my artwork from misuse.
Yes, I do indeed believe in the ultimate goodness of all people, but there remains in this world a multitude of souls who presently choose to tread very dark paths. While this state persists, it remains prudent to keep a lock on the door.
Watermarking, then, is just me being vigilant in regards to safeguarding my copyright and my livelihood. The physical prints and the images in coloring books do not have watermarks.
See more here: Copyright »Views: 0